S c h o o l
The Amagansett School District...
* Recognizes that each child is unique.
* Is committed to providing an educational program, which develops each child's capabilities to the fullest extent, in a safe supportive atmosphere of understanding, respect and tolerance.
* Encourages learning activities of a wide variety that meet the needs of the individual student.
* Understands that flexible programs incorporating individual and group instruction techniques will be utilized in preparing students for the future.
* Expects that curricula be enriched, challenging and exciting, extending beyond basic skills and making children students of the world at large.
* Believes that exposure to the Arts is a vital component of learning for young children.
* Will attempt to instill in each child a love for learning and a desire to maximize his or her potential.
* Expects that the parents will participate, support and cooperate in the education and discipline of their children.
* Expects that each staff member will be a model of commitment to professionalism, staying abreast of recent curricula changes and new instructional techniques.
* Believes that patriotism, responsible citizenship, self-discipline, respect for authority and respect for others, including an understanding of our heritage, should be emphasized in all aspects of the school's operations.
* The Amagansett School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age and handicapped status, in employment or the provision of services to students